Site Update



Hello everyone,

Over the past three weeks I have been spending most of my time continuing to move content and revise formats for Twin Otter Archive's move over to Twin Otter World. This is being done in order to permit the archive content to be updated regularly, and more quickly. It does however mean copying and formatting the histories for 844 legacy DHC-6, and about 120 Series 400's. In other words, it is a lot of work.

At the same time, I am also building a similar site on the DHC-8/Q400 series. It will hopefully become for the DHC-8 community, what Twin Otter World has for the enthusiasts, operators and suppliers of the DHC-6. I am nearing completion on the first 100 aircraft on the DHC-8 site - so making it public is not too far off.

Needless to say, what has suffered has been Regional Wings. There are many aspects of this blog that I enjoy, and I particularly like a lot of the aircraft types personally. Compilation and preparation of Regional Wings consumes a good 4-5 hours for each issue. With two other projects on the go, unfortunately this one has to be put on hold for the time being. I was hoping to be able to balance all three, but I must focus my time on the other projects which provide a return on the time invested.

For those of you who have been here for the long-haul, we have come full circle. Regional Wings started as Dash 8 Spotter in 2015.  Thank you especially goes to the people who have regularly contributed information and photos over the past couple of years. I hope you'll consider contributing any DHC-8 related material once that site is up and running.

Best wishes,

Erik



Comments